Senior Operational Analysis Consultant
“Are you someone with a background of undertaking Operational Analysis or Operational Research for Government or Industry?”
Join a Growing Team
tpgroup Consulting has a track record of success, as a trusted partner to customers within the defence sector, and we are looking to expand our team to keep pace with increasing demand. As part of our growth we are looking for Operational Analysts at all levels of experience (Consultant, Senior Consultant or Principal Consultant) to join the Analysis and Approvals Practice. This Practice uses modelling, analysis, domain knowledge and approvals expertise to provide the evidence to make better decisions, in support of our customers within the defence and space sectors. In particular, we:
- Undertake research to analyse the benefits of new equipment, approaches or technologies
- Provide the evidence to support Government procurement decisions
- Work with customers and stakeholders to improve policy, strategy and planning
As a Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering technical consulting projects.
- Using a variety of operational analysis or operational research techniques including problem structuring, wargaming, historical analysis, simulation, mathematical modelling, data analysis and workshop facilitation.
- Writing reports and presenting to customers
- Working organically in customer teams or using one of the company’s offices as a team hub.
For Senior and Principal positions, your responsibilities will also include:
- Leading project teams and undertaking technical assurance
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Providing guidance to staff on particular analysis techniques
- Developing new and innovative techniques
- Support to business winning via customer engagement and bidding.
- Line management of one or more staff
We are interested in people who are good at engaging with customers and have the technical expertise to provide analytical insight. You should have a positive, flexible and self-motivated attitude, and be keen to develop yourself and others within the team. Knowledge of UK MOD is desirable but not essential.
For Consultant positions, you should have experience of delivering projects in a government or business setting, using qualitative or quantitative analysis techniques.
For Senior and Principal consultant positions, you should have a more extensive technical track record, and additional expertise in project management, business winning, stakeholder engagement and/or line management.
In return, we will provide you with the training and the on-the-job support to develop your technical knowledge and professional skills as a consultant. You will have the opportunity to progress within the organisation as the Company grows and your capability develops.
If you are interested in applying for this role, you must have:
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
- T0 gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.