Systems Requirements Engineer
Are you a Systems Requirements Engineer looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have experience eliciting or managing user requirements in the defence sector?
tpgroup are a global professional services and technology partner with a unique end-to-end approach in defence, energy and space programmes.
We are looking for System Requirements Engineers to join our Systems Engineering team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking team, who are working on sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing bespoke engineering systems.
The systems engineering team work as part of our consultancy department who deliver services in partnership with national government bodies, international institutions and global prime contractors.
The Systems Requirements Engineer will be responsible for managing requirements at all stages of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, including elicitation of capability/user requirements, generation/management of system requirements, testing and acceptance. The ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of requirements management across all Defence Lines of Development, with experience across Operating Domains. You will need to develop strong relationships with clients within the defence sector, with an occasional need to work at their sites.
The right applicant for this role will be someone who has a consultancy or defence background, with the ability to work autonomously or within engineering and cross-functional teams. As a Systems Requirements Engineer you will have:
• Experience of requirements management within the UK MOD (Frontline Commands or Delivery Agents),
• Knowledge of the UK acquisition framework (e.g. business cases, URD, SRD, CONEMP/CONUSE, ITEAP, etc.)
• Understanding of Defence Lines of Development, and how they can drive requirements,
• Knowledge of operational environments, including understanding the challenges and impacts of the following: geography, climate, media and information, population, urbanisation or cyber.
• Experience of DOORS software to support requirements management.
In return, you will be joining a company that is growing and looking to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career. We will support you in expanding your skills and capabilities and the team around you. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this role, you must have:
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
- T0 gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.