Systems Engineer or Modeller
Are you a Systems Engineer / Modeller looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have experience working with procurement processes in the defence sector?
tpgroup are a global professional services and technology partner with a unique end-to-end approach in defence, energy and space programmes.
We are looking for System Engineers and Modellers to join our Systems Engineering team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking team, who are working on sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing bespoke engineering systems.
The systems engineering team work as part of our consultancy department who deliver services in partnership with national government bodies, international institutions and global prime contractors on enterprise transformation, feasibility analysis, systems engineering and programme delivery and support.
The Systems Engineer / Modeller role will undertake analysis and procurement support activities for highly regulated/complex programmes delivering mission, business and safety critical solutions. You will preferably have a background in defence, with a sound understanding of scientific and mathematical techniques and the proven ability to develop technical solutions to business problems.
Responsibilities may include:
- Modelling of military (land environment) communications networks and systems.
- Modelling of military procurement business processes.
- Analysing and evaluating solution performance via modelling.
- Production of supporting system documentation and diagrams.
- Modifications to existing legacy systems models to support development of the product.
The right applicant for this role will be someone who has a consultancy background, with the ability to work autonomously or within engineering and cross-functional teams. You will have experience with TOGAF, and working with model based system engineering methodology. As a Modeller you will have experience in the production of user journeys and the development of bespoke models and simulations in highly regulated environments. You will need a working knowledge of using MATLAB, Archimate, Enterprise Architect, Simulink or STK.
In return, you will be joining a company that is growing and looking to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career. We will support you in expanding your skills and capabilities and the team around you. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this role, you must have:
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
- T0 gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.