Combat Systems Engineer
“Are you someone with a background in combat systems engineering looking to take part in multiple complex projects throughout the defence and space sectors?”
Join a Growing Team
tpgroup Consulting has a track record of success, as a trusted partner to customers within the defence sector, and we are looking to expand our team to keep pace with increasing demand. As part of our growth, we are looking for Engineering Consultants at all levels of experience (Graduate Engineer, Engineer, Senior Engineer or Principal Engineer) to join our Systems Engineering practice. We provide training opportunities and access to an increasing number of fast-paced, dynamic projects within defence and space. In particular, we:
- Provide technical support to the UK MOD for their Satellite Communication programme, SKYNET, in multiple roles covering requirements management, modelling & simulation and technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) support
- Provide systems expertise to customers operating in the civilian space sector, including interactions with the European Space Agency
- Support the Submarine Delivery Agency in the definition of the UK’s future hunter/killer submarines
- Provide technical expertise to the development of the future Land Tactical Data Link architecture
- Support prime contractors in the delivery of complex MOD systems and platforms
As a Graduate Engineer or Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering technical engineering projects
- Using a variety of systems engineering processes including architecture, technical requirements, Critical evaluation, Risk analysis, simulation & mathematical modelling
- Presenting complex solutions to customers and engineers
- Working organically within customer teams, home based or using one of the company’s offices as a team hub
Senior and Principal positions, your responsibilities will also include:
- Leading project teams and undertaking technical assurance
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers and stakeholders – developing new opportunities
- Providing guidance to staff on Systems Engineering processes
- Developing new and innovative techniques
- Support to business winning via customer engagement and bidding
- Line management and staff development
We are interested in people who are good at engaging with customers and have the technical expertise to provide trusted support to their projects. You should have a positive, flexible and self-motivated attitude, and be keen to develop yourself and others within the team. Knowledge of UK MOD and industry experience are desirable but not essential.
For Graduate Engineer positions, you should have an academic background in one of the following: Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, Maths, or another related subject. An eagerness to learn and be exposed to new challenges is essential. Knowledge of how industry projects operate is desirable. Industry experience is not required, and consultancy skills training will be provided to allow you to grow into the professional environment.
For Engineer positions, you should also have experience of working in Engineering projects and using a Systems Engineering processes such as ISO15288 or GEAR.
For Senior Engineer positions, you should have a more extensive technical track record, and additional expertise in project management, business winning, stakeholder engagement and/or line management. Experience using Engineering tools such as: DOORs, Enterprise Architect/Archi/Bizz Design or STK is desired.
For Principal Engineer positions, a strong technical background with a proven track record of leading Engineering teams is required. Professional Chartership registration with a recognised technical body such as the IET or INCOSE. A technology speciality such as communications, networking, weapons, RF or military platforms is important. Experience of working with the MOD or in the defence domains is essential.
In return, we will provide you with the training and on-the-job support to develop your technical knowledge and professional skills as a Systems Engineering consultant. You will have the opportunity to progress within the organisation as the Company grows and your capability develops.
If you are interested in applying for this role, you must have:
- An existing right to live and work in the UK.
- The ability to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Either a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
- To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.