Contracts & Commercial Officer
Are you a contacts or commercial officer looking for a new challenge? Do you have experience working in am engineering environment?
tpgroup are a global professional services and technology partner with a unique end-to-end approach in defence, energy and space programmes.
We are looking for a Commercial officer to join our TPG Maritime Ltd team in Portsmouth. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward thinking team, who are working on sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing bespoke engineering systems.
We have a great opportunity for a Commercial & Contracts Officer to play a key role within the business supporting the Commercial Manager in all aspects of commercial risk and contracts for a successful defense engineering business.
The key deliverables are the day-to-day contract management, ensuring robust process and procedures are followed to drive the business functions to deliver to specific contract performance criteria, highlighting and minimizing risks in the business performance throughout the term.
Responsibilities will include:
- As part of the commercial team support the Commercial Manager in the performance of the duties of the commercial team
- Act as Commercial lead for assigned frameworks, contracts, tasks and stages of the contracting process
- Undertake end to end review of all aspects of proposals to advise on risks and cost drivers and to propose acceptable commercial positions. Ensuring all bids comply with TPGroup approval process.
- Responsibility for drafting and negotiation of contractual agreements in accordance with TPGroup processes and guidelines. Review of legal terms and conditions including redrafting as required in accordance with TPGroup processes
- Supporting contract handover from the sales team and ongoing support to the delivery teams to ensure full awareness of all obligations. This will include producing contract summary documentation and obligation tracking tools.
- Support the project management, purchasing and engineering teams in identifying and effectively managing commercial risks to contract performance
To deliver this role you will have a background you will have at least 3 years previous experience of working in a similar role, ideally in a defense environment but not essential.
- Excellent standard of accuracy in drafting and reviewing legal documentation - close attention to detail
- Clear understanding of key legal concepts ‘
- Proven experience of risk management and dispute resolution
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent proven negotiation skills
In return, you will be joining a company who are growing and looking to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career. We will support you in expanding your skills and capabilities and the team around you. In addition, we will offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in apply for this role, you must have:
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
- To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.