Are you a Quality Engineer with strong customer management skills seeking a new role in the Portsmouth area?
tpgroup are a global professional services and technology partner with a unique end-to-end approach in defence and energy programmes.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our TPG Maritime Ltd team in Portsmouth. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking team, who are working on sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing bespoke engineering systems.
This Quality Engineer position sits within our bespoke engineering solutions side of the business, where we develop life-support systems in critical workspace, oxygen and carbon capture-based solutions, water purification, rugged electronics for harsh environments and precision engineering of high-integrity equipment.
We are looking for this Quality Engineer to work alongside the project team to advise and implement customer required quality requirements. This will involve working with the manufacturing team as well as the supply chain to ensure customer quality flow downs are implemented, monitored, and controlled. As part of your role, you will drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management and customer reporting requirements are met.
To deliver this role you will be required to have the following:
- Experience as a Quality Engineer or in a similar role.
- Experience and knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Strong customer management skills.
- Demonstratable knowledge of document control and organisational skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal communication, technical writing, and process improvement skills
- Experience of working within a military / defence environment.
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of Quality Assurance, manufacturing, distribution and environmental systems.
In return, you will be joining a company who are growing and looking to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career. We will support you in expanding your skills and capabilities and the team around you. In addition, we will offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in apply for this role, you must have:
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
- To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.