Are you a Pipefitter Technician or Boiler Maker or Coppersmith or Pipe Bender looking for a new challenge? Do you have a background in delivering a similar role in a regulated engineering environment?
tpgroup are a global professional services and technology partner with a unique end-to-end approach in defence and energy programmes. We are based in Portsmouth and as part of the tpgroup, TPG Maritime specialise in atmospheric control equipment.
To be successful in this role, we envision you will already be a Pipefitter Technician, Boiler Maker, Coppersmith, or Pipe Bender. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking team, who are working on sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing bespoke engineering systems.
This Pipefitter technician position sits within our bespoke engineering solutions side of the business, where we develop life-support systems in critical workspace, oxygen and carbon capture-based solutions, water purification, rugged electronics for harsh environments and precision engineering of high-integrity equipment.
We are looking for a Pipefitter Technician who will build, manufacture and assemble equipment to the highest quality and in accordance with the company procedures, customer standards and regulatory requirements.
The Key responsibilities of the successful Pipefitter Technician:
- Accurately bend and form stainless steel and cupro-nickel tubing up to 30mm diameter
- Mechanical fitting of pipework and valves adhering to detailed drawings
- General Mechanical assembly
- Feedback design issues to appropriate personnel.
- Hydraulic pressure testing experience
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are adhered to at all times
- To maintain professional standards within the shop floor and production areas.
To deliver this role you will be required to have an ONC / NVQ qualification in Engineering, with experience of reading and interpreting engineering drawings, specifications and procedures. You will have proven experience applying your mechanical skills in an engineering setting, ideally in a marine environment as a pipefitter technician or within an industrial setting. You must have experience working on small-bore stainless piping. You will be used to working as part of a manufacturing team.
In return, you will be joining a company who are growing and looking to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career. We will support you in expanding your skills and capabilities and the team around you. In addition, we will offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this role, you must have:
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company
- To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency