Supplier Quality Engineer
Are you a Supplier Quality Engineer with strong supplier quality management experience seeking a new role in the Portsmouth area?
tpgroup are a global professional services and technology partner with a unique end-to-end approach in defence and energy programmes.
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our TPG Maritime Ltd team in Portsmouth. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking team, who are working on sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing bespoke engineering systems.
This Supplier Quality Engineer position sits within our bespoke engineering solutions side of the business, where we develop life-support systems in critical workspace, oxygen and carbon capture-based solutions, water purification, rugged electronics for harsh environments and precision engineering of high-integrity equipment.
The successful Supplier Quality Engineer will sit as part of the supply chain team. As part of your role, you will be overseeing supplier performance reviews and assessments with our suppliers. You will also be supporting suppliers and internal business functions by advising, monitoring and implementing quality requirements. This will involve working with the manufacturing team as well as projects and procurement to ensure business objectives are implemented, monitored and controlled to achieve customer excellence.
To deliver this role you will be required to have the following:
- Experience in Supplier Quality Management in a simular role.
- Experience of working within a business working to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Strong stakeholder management & organisational skills.
- Attention to detail, integrity and organization, communication, and interpersonal, clerical and proficient IT user.
- A detail-oriented multitasker with the ability to manage deliverables and handle multiple activities at the same time.
- Strong verbal communication and process improvement skills.
- Experience of working within a military / defence / aerospace environment.
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of Quality Assurance, manufacturing, distribution and environmental systems
In return, you will be joining a company who are growing and looking to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career. We will support you in expanding your skills and capabilities and the team around you. In addition, we will offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in apply for this role, you must have:
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
- To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.