Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer looking for a new challenge in the Portsmouth area?
tpgroup are a global professional services and technology partner with a unique end-to-end approach in defence and space programmes.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our TPG Maritime Ltd team in Portsmouth. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking team, who are working on sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing bespoke engineering systems.
This Senior Mechanical Design Engineer position sits within our bespoke engineering solutions side of the business, where we develop life-support systems in critical workspace, oxygen and carbon capture-based solutions, water purification, rugged electronics for harsh environments and precision engineering of high-integrity equipment.
As the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for mechanical engineering and test activities, working proactively with Project Managers and the wider technical team to successfully deliver the technical content of projects against customer requirements, maximising the company’s revenues and minimising technical risk.
We envision the successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to have the following:
- Educated to Degree Level in relevant discipline (Mech/Chem Engineering).
- Previous experience within a design office in a senior level role.
- Proficient user of Solidworks or similar 3D CAD software.
- Experience with configuration management through design lifecycles.
- Good knowledge of BS.8888 drawing practices, particularly geometric tolerances.
- Flexible, enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated and able to work well under own initiative.
In return, you will be joining a company who are growing and looking to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career. We will support you in expanding your skills and capabilities and the team around you. In addition, we will offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in apply for this role, you must have:
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
- To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.