Project Controls Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a trusted, innovative and vibrant team of professional Project Controls experts, delivering across the full project lifecycle within all Defence domains?
Join a Growing Team
tpgroup is a global leader in consulting, digital solutions, software and engineering services working across the full project lifecycle within defence, energy and space programmes. We have an enviable track record of success as a trusted partner to our customers and a dynamic vision to expand. As part of our growth plans, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated Project Controls Specialists, with experience at all levels, to join the Portfolio, Programme and Project Management (P3M) Team.
The positions sit within our consulting business who work in partnership with national government bodies, international institutions, and global prime contractors, leading and supporting transformational change, major acquisition, technology insertion and in service support programmes and projects.
Project Controls Specialists in TP Group:
- Play an integral role in supporting a Customer to deliver key outputs and capabilities to an agreed baseline
- Consistently add value, drive efficiency and continuous improvement
- Proactively identify manage & mitigate risk and exploit opportunities
- Work in collaboration with key stakeholders to maintain strong working relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Drive creative thinking and innovation
- Focus on producing robust and achievable solutions to resolve complex issues
- Ensure quality of project performance data and robust analysis to support effective decision making
We are looking for:
- Experience of building, implementing and maintaining Performance Management Baseline schedules using recognised scheduling tools, including Primavera and Microsoft Project tool suites
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management application and systems
- Ability to identify risks & opportunities enabling effective management
- Experience of integrating project resources, including operational and material cost into Performance Management Baseline schedules
- Ability to integrate 3rd party schedules into the Performance Management Baseline
- Able to exercise effective change control of the Performance Management Baseline using approved change control processes
- Working knowledge of performing Schedule Risk Analysis using industry standard tools
- Ability to make sound and timely business decisions
- Strong communication
- Ability to integrate into an established team with ease and demonstrate a highly collaborative approach
- Confidence to embrace new challenges and work with some ambiguity
- Ability to establish and foster relationships at all levels and to positively influence project customers, partners and suppliers
- Experience of working in the defence arena is desirable
You can expect:
- To work in an exciting, fast paced environment where you will have the opportunity to add value and make a difference
- To work for a forward thinking, agile organisation who embrace diversity
- Empowerment to deliver in a trusting and supportive environment
- The opportunity to further enhance your skills through a training and development programme tailored to support your career aspirations
- The support and encouragement to develop a long term and rewarding career
- To work in an environment where creativity and innovation is encouraged and rewarded
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including car allowance, bonus scheme, private medical insurance and hybrid working arrangements
Essentials to work with us:
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
- To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.