Are you a Mechanical Technician looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for Mechanical Technicians to join our growing team here at TPG Maritime Ltd Portsmouth. These are fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking team, who deliver innovative solutions and manufacture bespoke engineering systems.
Mechanical Technicians are part of our bespoke engineering solutions business, within TPG Maritime. We develop life-support systems in critical workspace, oxygen and carbon capture-based solutions, water purification, precision engineering of high-integrity equipment.
Our Mechanical Technicians build, manufacture and assemble our equipment to high standards of quality, in accordance with our customer standards, our company procedures and regulatory requirements.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Mechanical assembly / manufacturing
- Detailed fitting and assembly such as motors, pumps
- Small bore stainless piping.
- Problem solving and providing feedback on design to appropriate teams.
- Degreasing, including cleaning for oxygen use.
- Ensure our Health and Safety requirements are adhered to at all times
- Ensure highest care and attention given to our product.
In this role, you may be required to work a rotating shift pattern.
- ONC/NVQ qualification in engineering or equivalent.
- Proven experience applying your mechanical skills in an engineering setting, ideally either in a mechanical assembly or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering drawings, specifications and procedures
- Experience working on small bore stainless piping.
- Excellent attention to detail.
In return you will be joining a company who are growing and can provide you with stability and also offer longer term opportunities to develop your career. We can support you in expanding your knowledge, skills and experience and the team around you.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, these include profit share scheme, generous company pension scheme, group income protection scheme, 4 x Life Assurance, employee assistance programme and Cycle to Work scheme. There are also shift premiums for shift work. We also have a social and organising events throughout the year.
If you are interested in applying for this role, you must have:
- An existing right to live and work in the UK.
- You will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access which includes a DBS check.
- You will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
- To gain SC clearance you will normally need to be able to prove at least 5 years’ UK residency.