Weapons Assurance Consultant
Are you someone with a background in the delivery of Weapon Assurance and related programmes in the Defence sector looking to take the next step in your career?
Join a Growing Team
tpgroup Consulting has a track record of success, as a trusted partner to customers within highly regulated programmes. As a result, we are looking for a Weapon Assurance Consultant to keep pace with increasing demand and develop a wider capability. This is an excellent career development opportunity for a high calibre candidate with ambitions to progress their career to the next level in a dynamic, growing and exciting company. Our clients include NATO, MOD UK, industry primes, and government and research frameworks supporting key generation after next initiatives.
Working within the Material Technology and Research practice, the role will work to an agreed strategy and deliver multi-disciplinary support to some of the most complex programmes and research initiatives.
The role will support our product lead consultancy approach to manage material assets at all points of the asset lifecycle including design, in-service, disposal, and life extension. The approach by tpgroup includes the use of digital twins to model material condition, and digital threads (association) to obtain desired information and visualisation tools to present the outcome in context to the end user.
The role will provide domain knowledge and WOME expertise to generate the evidence to make better decisions, in support of our customers within the defence sector. In particular, we:
- Work with customers to providing fundamental material science and WOME expertise to enable our clients to research, design, manufacture and manage capability through the product lifecycle;
- Work with customers to providing fundamental material science and expertise to enable life extensions;
- Provide the evidence to support stakeholder decisions; and
- Undertake research to support new approaches, the adoption of mature approaches in a different context, and the utilisation and management of capability and technologies.
What we’re looking for?
As the Weapon Assurance Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Vision and Strategy: Meeting the vision and strategy for Material Technology activities in collaboration with the other practices aligned with customer aspirations and the wider tpgroup Consulting vision and strategy.
- Product Lead Consultancy: New ways of working by supporting and defining requirements for developing digital based solutions such as information repositories, data bases and auto reporting for customers, supported by tailored consultancy activities.
- Leadership: Sharing SME knowledge, co-ordinate activities, pursue opportunities and address issues.
- Capability Development: Aligning service offerings to customer demand and collaborating with other consultancy services to provide coherency across the business.
- Training and Development: Advancing career development through attendance to conferences.
- Business Development. Supporting to Practice and Account Leads by writing technical approaches within bids and presenting to prospective customers.
- Technical Assurance: Working on projects, providing technical guidance and reviews to ensure project deliverables are of a high quality and meet customers’ expectations.
- Client Demand: Working with government, industry and academia you will support the management of critical infrastructure, understand possible material impacts governed by legislation and regulation and wider social and economic considerations.
You will be educated ideally to a PhD, MSC or BSC degree. You will be chartered or be working towards election. You should have a positive, flexible and self-motivated attitude, and be keen to develop yourself and others within the team. It is desirable that candidates have a background or understanding of Energetic Materials and their application in defence. Experience includes manufacture, qualification, in-service surveillance, life assessments and testing. You will have skills and experience ideally in the following:
- UK Policy;
- OME Regulations;
- Safety Assessments;
- Design Assessments;
- Tests, Trials and Assessments;
- Validation of Safety and Suitability for Service and Assurance (Safety and Environmental Case);
- User Requirements and platform integration (Life Assessment Technical Pack); and
- The application of Environmental Handbook for Defence Materials.
You must have the followings competencies:
- For areas within Weapon Assurance, you will lead programmes, carry out assessments and reviews, support deliverables, and develop new areas of business;
- Mentoring for junior consultants, and work closely with academic and professional institutions;
- Deliver complex multidisciplinary engineering projects;
- Lead on the delivery and the coordination of projects;
- Execution of all stages of consultancy management;
- Stakeholder management;
- Technical and project assurance.
In return, we will provide you with the training and the on-the-job support to develop as a leader and technical consultant. We will also support you in expanding the skills and capabilities of the team around you. You will have the opportunity to progress within the organisation as the Company grows and your capability develops.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including a car allowance, life assurance, pension and annual bonus scheme. As an organisation we support and advocate hybrid working for all our employees.
If you are appointed to this role you will need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level). To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.