We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our growing and passionate team based in Portsmouth. If you have an expertise in creating, analysing, and working on engineered systems as well as experience in complex engineering equipment design and integration, apply below!
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking team, who are working on sharing innovative solutions and manufacturing bespoke engineering systems. At TPG Maritime, we specialise in the design and manufacture of atmospheric control systems for the defence industry and are part of the wider TP Group.
As our Systems Engineer you will be supporting development and management of products throughout their lifecycles, including analysis, verification and validation of product compliance. You will work with a multidisciplinary team to analyse stakeholder requirements and develop into structured requirements.
As part of the role, you will work with a multidisciplinary design team to:
- Develop and manage structured requirements.
- Develop and manage methodology and strategy for verification/testing.
- Produce technical descriptions of system processes and operation to support new business activities and bids.
- Hold and support reviews at appropriate stages to ensure compliance and adherence to agreed requirements.
- Identification of issues and collaboration with team to develop solutions for automated process equipment.
- Engagement with project management team to support project governance and align technical expectations.
- Degree, HND or significant proven experience in an Engineering discipline.
- Expertise in creating, analysing, and working on engineered systems.
- Experience in complex engineering equipment design and integration.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, self-motivation and ability to work well under own initiative.
- Able to build long-term successful stakeholder partnerships, both internally and externally with customers and suppliers.
- Confident user of Microsoft suite, able to manipulate and analyse data within Excel to intermediate standard.
- Demonstrable engineering leadership, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Decision-making / problem solving skills
- Strong presentation skills: confident speaker and professional presentation
- Experience of designing to meet military requirements.
- Experience of model-based systems engineering (MBSE).
- Experience of requirements management software
In return you will be joining a company who are growing and looking to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career. We will support you in expanding your knowledge, skills and experience and the team around you.
We will offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, these include; profit share scheme, company pension scheme, group income protection scheme, 4 x Life Assurance, employee assistance programme and Cycle to Work scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this role, you must meet the requirements to pass a BPSS check as well as undergo a security clearance (SC) check. To complete this, you must have an existing right to live and work in the UK. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.