Senior Manufacturing Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our growing team based in Portsmouth, Hampshire. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward thinking team, who are working on sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing bespoke engineering systems.
At TPG Maritime, we specialise in the design and manufacture of atmospheric control systems for the defence industry and are part of the wider TP Group.
This Senior Manufacturing Engineer position sits within our bespoke engineering solutions side of the business, where we develop life-support systems in critical workspace, oxygen and carbon capture-based solutions, water purification, rugged electronics for harsh environments and precision engineering of high-integrity equipment.
As the successful Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will lead the development, organisation, and ongoing business improvement of production operations, proactively identify opportunities for process improvements, work across multiple functions of the business, but especially closely with Design and Technical functions, and the Project Managers. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will develop a successful workflow, develop new procedures, policies, and identify equipment / tooling to increase efficiency in all operations. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will also play a key role in health & safety and continuous improvement.
- Hold a HND or Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Manufacturing Engineering or relevant experience.
- H&S Champion with knowledge of ISO18001.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Detailed knowledge of NPI / NPD.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, self-motivated and able to work well under own initiative.
- Able to build long-term successful client partnerships, both internally and externally.
- Able to negotiate and influence others.
- Decision-making / problem solving skills.
- Strong presentation skills as well as being a confident speaker.
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies and tools (e.g. Six Sigma, LEAN, 5S etc.)
- Previous experience of an ERP / MRP system.
- Practical competence in mechanical assembly.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, specifications and procedures.
In return you will be joining a company who are growing and looking to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career. We will support you in expanding your knowledge, skills and experience and the team around you. Also, we will offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, these include; profit share scheme, company pension scheme, group income protection scheme, 4 x Life Assurance, employee assistance programme and Cycle to Work scheme.
If you are interested in apply for this role, you must have:
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
- To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.