Are you a Project Manager looking for a new challenge? Do you have a background in delivering a similar role in a regulated engineering environment?
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our TPG Maritime Ltd team in Portsmouth. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking team, who are working on sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing bespoke engineering systems.
At TPG Maritime, we specialise in the design and manufacture of atmospheric control systems for the defence industry and are part of the wider Science Group an international science, engineering, and technology (“SET”) business listed on AIM stock market.
This Project Manager position sits within our bespoke engineering solutions side of the business, where we develop life-support systems in critical workspace, oxygen and carbon capture-based solutions for harsh environments and precision engineering of high-integrity equipment.
We are looking for this Project Manager position to manage complex technical projects and their delivery, with the support of a multi-disciplined team operating in highly regulated industry for critical applications. You will be responsible for the project life cycle, overseeing the workforce, resource and financial planning of the projects. You will be required to ensure throughout the duration of the project, from concept phase through to delivery, best practice is met. You will also be required to provide accurate management information and reporting, for key stakeholders including customers and the senior management team.
- Demonstrable professional knowledge of working in Project / Programme Management, ideally in a complex highly regulated engineering environment.
- Proven track record of managing projects to Time Cost Quality.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to negotiate and influence others, including building and maintaining effective relationships with multiple stakeholders both internal and external.
- Strong presentation skills, confident speaker and professionally presented.
- Attention to detail, forward planning and budgeting / financial knowledge.
- Knowledge of the full project life cycle stage-gate principles of project delivery.
- Ability to work with diverse project teams and stakeholders.
- Experience of Microsoft Project and Office suite applications
- Experience of Project Management methodologies (Prince2, APM PMQ, PMP)
In return you will be joining a company who are growing and looking to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career. We will support you in expanding your knowledge, skills and experience and the team around you. Also, we will offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, these include; profit share scheme, company pension scheme, group income protection scheme, 4 x Life Assurance, employee assistance programme, Cycle to Work scheme and more!
If you are interested in applying for this role, you must meet the requirements to pass a BPSS check as well as undergo a security clearance (SC) check. To complete this, you must have an existing right to live and work in the UK. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.