Extensive and varied experience of all aspects of Functional Safety Engineering derived from supporting a diverse range of platforms, weapons systems, equipment, and services across the project lifecycle in both defence and civil sectors.
Safety engineering forms an integral part of the systems engineering lifecycle including requirements definition, procurement, installation, acceptance and continued safe operation of all platforms, equipment and services. Principally it should enable safety to be designed into a system early in the project through structured engineering methodologies and the right subject matter experts avoiding costly redesign or sub optimal operations.
TP Group's approach is based on industry best practice across various civil and military domains. We believe in an open, honest and collaborative relationship with our clients, enabling them to be fully informed of the safety programme throughout the project lifecycle.
We have extensive and varied experience of all aspects of Functional Safety Engineering having supported a diverse range of platforms, weapons systems, equipment, and services in all areas of the project lifecycle in both defence and civil sectors.
- Safety engineering and management activities: all delivered in accordance with industry-specific standards e.g. Aerospace Recommended Practice (ARP)4761, ARP4754, Defence Standard (DEF STAN) 00-56, Civil Aviation Publication (CAP) 670 (inc SW 01) EUROCONTROL Safety Regulatory Requirement (ESARR)-4, CAP 722.
- Safety Risk Assessment and As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) recommendations: delivered in accordance with the relevant regulatory policy.
- Bow Tie Modelling: consisting of Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Event Tree Analysis (ETA).
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Human Factors Analysis.
- Derivation of safety requirements and safety objectives against military and civil standards.
- Reliability and Maintainability.
- Definition of Air Traffic Management equipment-specific flight inspection methodologies and management strategies.
Why TP Group?
- More than 30 years' experience in military and civil aviation sector
- Dedicated subsidiary, Osprey CSL, that specialises in airspace change
- More than 30 experienced consultants many with experience working for a regulatory authority
- Deep knowledge of UK regulatory regime with good relationship with CAA
- Independent consultancy not affiliated to any software or technology