Material and Product Assurance Consultant
Are you someone with a background in the delivery of Product and Material Assurance and related capability and infrastructure programmes in the Defence and Space sectors looking to take the next step in your career?
Join a Growing Team
tpgroup Consulting has a track record of success, as a trusted partner to customers within highly regulated programmes. As a result we are looking for a Product and Material Assurance Consultant to keep pace with increasing demand. This is an excellent career development opportunity for a high calibre candidate with ambitions to progress their career to the next level in a dynamic, growing and exciting company. You will join a practice of international recognised specialist in material science, environmental and sustainability, and legislation. Our clients include NATO, ESA, MOD UK, industry primes, and government and research frameworks supporting generation after next initiatives.
Working within the Material Technology and Research practice, the role will work to an agreed strategy and deliver multi-disciplinary support to some of the most complex programmes. Our clients are interested in the development and application of Product and Material Assurance to identify and control materials so their organisation and capabilities are compliant with legislation, regulations and policy.
The role will provide domain knowledge and material expertise to generate the evidence to make better decisions, in support of our customers within the defence and space sectors. In particular, we:
- Work with customers and stakeholders to improve policy, strategy, management, planning and assessments;
- Provide the evidence to support stakeholder decisions; and
- Undertake research to support new approaches, the adoption of mature approaches used in a different context, and the utilisation and management of capability and technologies.
What we’re looking for?
As a Product and Material Assurance Consultant you will be responsible for:
- Vision and Strategy: Meeting the vision and strategy for Product and Material Assurance activities in collaboration with the other practices aligned with customer aspirations and the wider tpgroup Consulting vision and strategy.
- Product Lead Consultancy: New ways of working by supporting and defining requirements for developing digital based solutions such as information repositories, data bases and auto reporting for customers, supported by tailored consultancy activities.
- Leadership: Sharing SME knowledge, co-ordinate activities, pursue opportunities and address issues.
- Capability Development: Aligning service offerings to customer demand, and collaborating with other consultancy services to provide coherency across the business.
- Training and Development: Advancing career development through attendance to conferences and tailored training and development as and when required.
- Business Development. Supporting to Practice and Account Leads by writing technical approaches within bids and presenting to prospective customers. Collaborating with Account Leads to identify need for new capability across all our customers.
- Technical Assurance: Working on projects, providing technical guidance and reviews to ensure project deliverables are of a high quality and meet customers’ expectations.
- Client Demand: Working with government, industry and academia you will support the management of critical infrastructure, understand possible material impacts governed by legislation and regulation and wider social and economic considerations.
You will be educated ideally to a PhD, MSC or BSC degree. You will be chartered or be working towards election. You should have a positive, flexible and self-motivated attitude, and be keen to develop yourself and others within the team. You will have skills and experience ideally in the following:
- Review of requirements and respective duty of care;
- Review of policy documents;
- Application of legislation by Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Environment Agency (EA);
- Application of regulation by REACH and defence and industry regulators including certification;
- Development of legislative and regulative compliance matrixes;
- Horizon scanning for future legislative and regulative impacts;
You must have the followings competencies:
- For areas within Product and Material Assurance you will lead programmes, carry out material assessments and supporting deliverables, and develop new areas of business;
- Mentoring for the next generation of innovators and practitioner is considered important as we work closely with many universities, steering committees, institutes and affiliations with respect to science and engineering;
- Integrate over a range of specialities including chemical risk assessments, environmental testing, environmental monitoring, system design, systems engineering, through life management, project management and cost analysis.
- Deliver high standards within complex multidisciplinary engineering projects across consulting, engineering and digital solutions areas of the company;
- Lead on the delivery and coordination of environmental programmes and key aspects of multidisciplinary programmes;
- Supporting in defining requirements for developing digital based solutions;
- Execution of all stages of consultancy management including the identification of opportunities, bid management, project management and delivery;
- Stakeholder management including workshops, working groups, client meetings, expert panels;
- The ability to influence project scope and optimal environmental outcomes; and
- Provision of technical oversight and project assurance.
In return, we will provide you with the training and the on-the-job support to develop as a leader and technical consultant. We will also support you in expanding the skills and capabilities of the team around you. You will have the opportunity to progress within the organisation as the Company grows and your capability develops.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including a car allowance, life assurance, pension and annual bonus scheme. As an organisation we support and advocate hybrid working for all our employees.
If you are interested in applying for this role, you must have:
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
- T0 gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.