We deliver domain leading P3M knowledge, skills and experience to support clients or take full responsibility for the delivery of outcomes. Our knowledge, skills and experience provide leadership and resource support – enabling our customers to make more timely and informed decisions.
Our services delivered in accordance with Industry and Government best practice, exploit a range of tools including MS Project, Primavera P6, ARM, ADMIS, Simul8, @Risk and Predict.
- Designs and implements the P3M processes, organisation, tools/techniques and Information (POTI) required to deliver enterprise change.
- Ensures appropriate and coherent POTI is put in place to manage each P3M element: benefits, scope, plan and schedule, cost and resources, risks and opportunities, and stakeholders.
- Optimises POTI commensurate with brownfield landscape and enterprise context (objectives, risk appetite, constraints).
- Ensures delivery of robust, holistic and timely Management Information (MI) to underpin P3M decision making.
- Establishes P3M delivery baseline through creation of benefits, scope, plan and schedule, cost and resources, risks and opportunities, and stakeholder artefacts.
- Provides P3M leadership to integrate, manage and deliver activities and products using assigned resources.
- Implements, manages and maintains the Strategy and Plan containing WBS, OBS and PBS.
- Reviews and re-sets the WBS, OBS and PBS throughout the lifecycle to ensure it is always effective and appropriate.
- Implements reviews across the system/service lifecycle to assess progress and the quality of output.
- Works with internal and external system stakeholders to identify and clarify the dependencies, and associated risks, issues and assumptions.
- Resources, costs and timescales are managed and controlled more effectively.
- Delivers the management and control functions required to track, review, and report P3M performance.
- Ensures currency and alignment of P3M benefits, scope, plan and schedule, cost and resources, risks and opportunities and stakeholder artefacts.
- Ensures P3M reporting and escalation against agreed thresholds.
- Provides robust, holistic and timely Management Information (MI) to underpin P3M decision making.
- Ensures integrated change control across P3M: benefits, scope, plan and schedule, cost and resources, risks and opportunities and stakeholder artefacts.
- Cost Management: Planning and controlling budgets using techniques such as earned value management (EVM) to reduce the likelihood of project overspend.
- Cost Modelling: Provision of bespoke analysis solutions including model development, statistical modelling and qualitative investigations in support of project planning and through life capability management.
- Cost Estimating: Collecting and analysing data in order to estimate the time, cost, materials, and labour required to manufacture a product, construct a building, or provide a service.
- Cost Assurance: Independent reviews to assess progress and quality of cost management, estimating and modelling, activities and outputs.
tpgroup has provided embedded support to the £5.1B Type 26 Programme, supporting the implementation and application of project controls techniques, including earned value management (EVM) and estimate at completion (EAC) cost estimates. Allowing the Type 26 senior management team to maintain the overall contract performance to deliver on time.
Working within the constraints of the Defence Operating Model, and working alongside key stakeholders to exploit extant processes and products; we defined and implemented a revised governance framework (including PMO) processes, organisation, tools and information (POTI).
We now provide leadership and resource support to the re-invigorated PMO, which has enabled the Programme to make more timely and informed decisions.